To take the survey, please check your barrington220.org email for the survey link. The survey email was sent on Wednesday, November 9, 2016, at 4:00 PM.
Barrington 220’s One to World initiative is a teaching and learning program that integrates 24/7 availability of technology devices, provides ubiquitous access to the Internet, and delivers a set of devices, apps, and services for learning. The One to World initiative:
- Stimulates creativity, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking.
- Creates opportunities for students to participate as global citizens.
- Provides real-world learning experiences.
- Facilitates personalized learning.
- Encourages timely and meaningful feedback.
- Guides responsible use of technology.
The Barrington 220 One to World initiative began as a pilot during the 2013–14 school year at Barrington High School. This school year marks our full implementation of the initiative:
- Students in Pre-Kindergarten–Kindergarten have access to 1 iPad per 2 students.
- All students in Grades 1–8 have a district-assigned iPad.
- All students in Grades 9–12 have a district-assigned MacBook Air laptop (11-inch).
- All teachers have a MacBook Air laptop (13-inch), and teachers of students Pre-Kindergarten–Grade 8 have an iPad.
One to World teacher survey and focus group results will be compiled and published during the 2016–17 school year. One to World student survey and focus group results from 2015–16 are available here.