Here's a quick introductory video about Clips (from MacRumors):
Here are some of my favorite features about Clips:
- Allows users to create short videos (or take photos) by pressing a big, red button and holding it for the duration of the clip.
- Overlays spoken text during a video clip recording on the screen. (This is amazing!)
- Provides filters (similar to Instagram) for both videos and photos.
- Allows the addition of stickers that can be resized and placed anywhere on the screen for taking photos or videos (similar to Snapchat).
- Allows text-only title screens.
- Easily allows deleting or reordering photos and video clips.
- Shares videos to Explain Everything, Book Creator, Seesaw, Schoology, the Photos app, and many more.
Check out this awesome video, created by iDAL Coaches Laura Meehan and Katie Muhtaris:
Here is an in-depth video about all the functions of Clips (from 9to5Mac):
Clips is available for iOS and can be found in Self Service for all students and staff, Grades PK–8.
For more on using Clips in the classroom, check out this article from Mark Anderson, @ICTEvangelist, who is an excellent person to follow on Twitter.