Check out Apple's website to learn more about the Classroom app.
What can teachers do with Classroom?
With the Classroom app, teachers can:
- create their own classes and easily add nearby students.
- share documents and links directly to student devices and have them open automatically on their iPad devices.
- mute audio playing on a student device.
- view the entire class of student iPad screens or focus on an individual's iPad screen to gather formative assessment data and guide learning.
- launch apps, websites, or iBooks on all or individual student iPad devices.
- project student work from their teacher iPad.
- lock all or individual student iPad devices.
- create small groups within Classroom app and add/remove students.
How do teachers get started with Classroom?To get started with Classroom, teachers may download Classroom from Self Service. Follow the steps in this guide from Apple, and/or view the video below from 9to5Mac.
Getting Started with Classroom 2.0 (Apple PDF Directions)
It should be noted that students can choose to leave a class via the Settings app, and students may change settings that are preferred by the teacher on their iPad. For example, students can choose to Always, Ask, or Never allow a teacher device to lock apps and the device, or to use AirPlay or Screen View features. Students can also turn off Bluetooth or restart their iPad and be disconnected from your class. However, after a student has joined your class and attempts leave the class, their avatar turns grey on the teacher iPad device. This makes it easy for the teacher to address this behavior.
Please see any LTA for more information on getting started with Classroom.