Interested teachers are asked to apply as Building Grade Levels. Building Grade Level classroom teachers who apply are encouraged to include the Specials (art, music, PE) teachers, Librarians, and Special Education teachers they work with regularly in the application process.
The DTC has worked to create a series of application questions for the LaunchPad initiative. The selection committee intends to include all eight elementary schools and the ELC in the LaunchPad initiative and have every grade level represented. In addition, the DTC has developed a vision statement for the One to World program.
The Barrington 220 One to World Initiative:
- Allows students to participate as global citizens.
- Provides unlimited opportunities for real-world learning.
- Fosters creativity, collaboration, communication, and critical thinking.
- Facilitates personalized learning through ownership, choice, and reflection.
- Allows for immediate and strategic feedback.
The LaunchPad initiative will begin for selected teachers during Summer 2015 and students will receive devices in LauchPad classrooms for use throughout the 2015–16 school year. In 2016–17, all PK–5 students will have access to iPads. Grade levels will receive devices in the following configurations:
- Grades PK–K: 10 iPads per classroom
- Grades 1–2: 1:2 ratio (one iPad per two students)
- Grades 3–5: 1:1 ratio (one iPad per student)
The deadline for the LaunchPad application process will be Friday, May 8, 2015.