In a speech during the event, President Obama said:
"In a country where we expect free Wi-Fi with our coffee, the least we can do is expect that our schools are properly wired...We’ve got to bring the world to every child’s fingertips."Watch the full speech:
Superintendents in attendance were asked to sign a #FutureReady Pledge to commit to work with “students, educators, families, and members of our community to become Future Ready by engaging in a wide range of activities,” including the following:
- Fostering and Leading a Culture of Digital Learning Within Our Schools.
- Helping Schools and Families Transition to High-speed Connectivity.
- Empowering Educators through Professional Learning Opportunities.
- Accelerating Progress Toward Universal Access for All Students to Quality Devices.
- Providing Access to Quality Digital Content.
- Offering Digital Tools to Help Students And Families #ReachHigher.
- Mentoring Other Districts and Helping Them Transition to Digital Learning.
Read more about the #FutureReady pledge at tech.ed.gov/futurereadypledge.
|Dr. Brian Harris at The White House.|
Check out the ConnectEd resources for teachers at tech.ed.gov/teachers.