With many thanks to Kathy Hempel, Librarian at Barrington Middle School—Station Campus, the following directions will assist MacBook Air laptop users who have upgraded to Mac OS X 10.10 (“Yosemite”) update their SMART software.
1. Click the Finder icon in the Dock.
2. Click the Applications folder in the left column.
3. Open the SMART Technologies folder and double-click the SMART Uninstaller.
4. Click Select All to remove all SMART applications.
Type your computer’s password.
The SMART Uninstaller only removes SMART applications and SMART system files from your computer. The SMART Uninstaller DOES NOT delete SMART documents you have created.
5. The uninstall process should take less than 5 minutes.
6. Click the following link:
7. Scroll down the page and click Continue with download.
The download will likely take several minutes.
8. Open your Downloads folder (usually in the Dock).
Double-click file smartesi2014sept.dmg to open it.
Double-click esi2014september.pkg to open it.
9. Click Continue.
10. Type your computer’s password.
The install will likely take several minutes.
11. Click Close.
Please contact your building Tech or another district Tech and ask them to provide the serial number to officially register the SMART software. The software will function for 90 days before a code is required.
At the beginning of September 2016, Apple announced Apple Teacher , a new program created to support and celebrate educators. The program pr...
Apple recently released the second version of Classroom . The app affords teachers numerous opportunities to improve instructional practice...
Recently, members of the Barrington 220 District Technology Committee shared several tips, tricks, apps, and systems that helped them impro...
Although our current weather may not belie this, summer is, indeed, coming! I just wanted to take a moment to remind you that our tech sup...